Monday 4 August 2014

Healthy Nutty treat


Desert Marathon Day 4:

Its day 4 of my desert marathon already and I do get a strong vibe that I’m striking the right cord with all of my readers. That each one of you is enjoying my sweet treats this festive season. I mostly make sure that the ingredients I use are easily available and that are usually store-board in our respective kitchens.

Until now I was posting some sinful deserts, something to be apprehensive for all those folks who’re diet conscious! But what the heck, its good to binge on some once in a while, don't you think? I see a lot of people, mainly in my own family who consume dry fruits on a daily basis(my mom to be more specific!). So for a change I have something to offer on the healthier side. My dry fruits and oats laddu does the trick. It’s delicious and at the same time does wonders to your body. Its good for the heart, reduces cholesterol, keeps you more active,etc. Instead of just having plain dry fruits in the morning or whichever part of your day, try making and storing these in air tight containers and make sure you have it every morning as it helps you to have a full stomach until lunch and can save you from having those cravings for oily snacks.

Ingredients:


 ¼ cup Quick cooking Oats
12-14 almonds
5-6 dry figs (anjeer)
2tbsp flax seeds
14-15 arab dates (pitted)
¼ cup peanuts
10 walnuts
2tbsp pistachios

Cooking Process:


1: Dry roast all the dry fruits and oats separately one by one, except the figs and dates.

2: Grind all the roasted items in a food processor separately one by one into a coarse mixture. Make sure they don’t get powdered completely.

3: Chop the figs and the dates and grind them into a coarse texture as well. These help in binding the laddu mixture together.

4: If you find it a little difficult to bind these together then add a tbsp or two of hot ghee and then mix and shape into laddus. Usually it’s easy to mix with a little patience and the ghee can be avoided.

Tip:

There is no requirement of sugar or jaggery unless you want them really sweet. Mine were absolutely fine as the dates are sweet enough to avoid the sugar.

Follow my page on facebook:  www.facebook.com/aarti.david




No comments:

Post a Comment